History of the Embassy's building
Villa Bisteghi 1140 Wien, Hüttelbergstrasse 6
Today's “Villa Bisteghi” was built by Rudolf Bisteghi as a residence.
Rudolf Bisteghi's father came from Naples and he was a stable master. The family settled in Hütteldorf (not yet Vienna-city at the time) and bought the small house at Hüttelbergstrasse 6. It was free-standing single-story building.
Rudolf Bisteghi (1844-1933) was appointed as the Director of the “Österreichische Börsen- und Wechslerbank” in 1873 (when he was only 29 years old). His annual salary was initially 6,000 guilders plus bonuses. “Banker” was now specified as the profession. He also became Consul General of Chile, a member of the Stock Exchange Chamber. In 1897 he bought a large piece of land to the east on which a modern house was built in the 1930s. It is still owned by the family today.
There is evidence that in 1987-1988 the house was completely renovated, after which the villa was put up for sale for 22 million Austrian schillings (approximately 1.6 million euros). In 1996, the building was acquired by the Government of the Republic of Belarus. After the restoration the building housed the Embassy of the Republic of Belarus in the Austrian Republic / Permanent Mission of the Republic of Belarus to international organizations in Vienna / Permanent Delegation of the Republic of Belarus to the OSCE.
The total area of the Embassy building today is 954.7 square meters. Land area — 0.237 hectares.